How to Share a Screen on Skype
Skype has evolved over the years and has become more than just a tool to be able to see our loved ones who are living far away from us. Now is there a way to share your screen on Skype? Well, the answer is, yes!
Skype is now used by many professionals to interview candidates who are willing to apply. There are a lot more things that Skype allows us to do and one of the most amazing features include screen sharing option. But, how to share a screen on Skype?
The 21st century generation is all about technology as we can nearly do everything on internet. It has become one of the most integral parts of our lives and life is nearly impossible without it. Today we can transfer money to any corner of the world in just a few minutes and even take an interview without meeting a person which makes it easy as it is done via Skype.
Skype screen sharing option lets you share your screen via video call to one person or a group over Skype. This comes handy when we are making a presentation in a group or a project or presenting something. But the question is how to share screen in Skype?
Skype Screen Sharing Option: How to Skype Screen Share with Audio
Follow these easy steps below to find out the answer.
1. Make a call to one of your contacts. It isn’t mandatory that you should only make a video call, you can also make a voice call in order to share screen as when you share the screen, it will automatically switch to video.
2. You will be able to see a ‘+’ on your video or voice call screen. When you will click on it, you will be able to see an option ‘Share Screens’.
NOTE: this feature is only available on desktop versions of Skype which means you cannot share screen of your smartphone if you are making a call through a smartphone.
3. As soon as you click on the Share Screens option, it will directly start broadcasting your screen to your contact.
4. Now, you will be able to see your desktop on Skype and you can also see your contact’s reaction on the right side of the screen. You can see an example below to make it easy for you.
5. When you have done your work, you can click on the ‘Stop Sharing’ button which will stop the screen sharing but will keep the call.
Note: Before sharing screen, you may want to remove some files or folders from your screen to maintain your privacy as the screen sharing option will expose your desktop to the person you were talking to.
So this is how to share a screen on Skype. Did you use the Skype screen sharing option? How was your experience? Please feel free to share in the comments below. Also don’t forget to share this article with your friends who might want to know how to Skype screen share with audio.