Top 5 Prime & Telephoto Zoom DSLR Camera Lenses
Best DSLR camera lenses: Camera Lenses of any digital SLR control the image that are projected on the imaging sensor. So the lenses are the most important part of your digital camera set-up that can make or break your image. But, Prime or Telephoto Zoom – which one to go for?
Most of the DSLR cameras come with basic lenses that are not always capable of producing the best quality images. However, upgrading that lens to a higher quality telephoto zoom or a fixed focal length lens can achieve you the best shots that your camera is capable of offering.
Digital camera lenses come in various shapes and sizes to suit the different budget and requirements. Some are built for the professional shooters and others for the advanced amateurs. Here I have rounded up the 5 best DSLR prime lenses as well as best DSLR telephoto zoom lenses for your advance imaging needs.
Best DSLR Camera Lenses
1. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
With a Focal Length Range of 70 -200 mm, these are the best Nikon camera lenses for landscapes and portraits. This is the perfect choice for professional shooters and advanced amateurs who want the finest optical performance available in a telephoto zoom.
- HB-48 Bayonnet Hood, CL-M2 Case
- Minimum Focus Distance- 4.6 ft.( 1.4 m)
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap, 77mm Lens Cap
- 1-Year International Warranty + 4-Year USA Extension
- Compatible Format(s) – FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode 35mm Film
- Excellent image quality on both DX and FX formats, especially at 200mm
- Superb build quality with dust and moisture sealing
- Excellent optical image stabilization
- Effective autofocus with manual override
2. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
With 100mm focal length, these are the best DSLR camera lenses for wildlife photography and professional shooters. It comes with 160mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras and Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
Other very strong specifications include:
- 8 maximum aperture; F32 minimum, Closest Focusing Distance- 0.99 ft./0.3m
- Image stabilization, 4 stop Hybrid IS, 67mm filters
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups.
- Canon’s first mid-telephoto macro “L” series lens to include Canon’s sophisticated Image Stabilization
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 100mm 1:2.8
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM; full-time manual focus available.
- Filter Size: 67mm
If you purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016, you will get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible. Visit http://usa.canon.com/protection for more details.
3. Sony SEL35F18 35mm f/1.8 Prime Fixed Lens
This Compact, lightweight fixed F1.8 lens product is the best Sony camera lens for sports and other professional shots. New optical design gives excellent peripheral sharpness and contrast. Few other cool features include:
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.99 ft (0.3 m)
- Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.15x, Focal-Length : 1.38 in
- Silent and smooth high-speed focusing ideal for shooting movies
- Superb focusing operation
- Lens not zoomable
- Built-in image stabilization
4. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
This autofocus camera lenses offer you a focal length range of 24 -70 mm with minimum Focus Distance of 1.2 ft.( 0.38 m). Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) gives ultra high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation making it the best Nikon camera lenses for wedding photography too.
Other salient features include:
- Fast-aperture, high performance wide-angle zoom optimized for FX and DX-format sensors and features Nikon’s ED Glass and Nano Crystal Coat
- Wide-angle to medium Telephoto AF-S zoom lens optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX (23.9 x 36mm) and DX format image sensors
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and PGM aspherical lenses
- M/A focus mode switch for quick response to changing situations
- Enhanced optical formulas engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Rugged construction with professional-grade dust and moisture resistance
5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras – Fixed
With a really affordable price range, these are the best canon DSLR lenses for beginners. They are optimized for Digital super multi-layer coating that minimizes flare and ghosting (common problem of digital cameras). Other specifications of this high speed autofocus camera lens include:
- 50mm focal length, Lens not zoomable
- 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- 4 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 58mm filters
- 45m/17.72″ minimum focus
- This large aperture standard prime lens has superior peripheral brightness even at the maximum aperture
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups, Filter size: 77mm and has a minimum focusing distance of 17.7 and a maximum magnification of 1:7.4
- The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations, including coma aberration, resulting in superior optical performance
Hope you will find this list of best DSLR camera lenses useful. Feel free to share this article with your photo enthusiast friends.